Estate Planning, Charitable & Legacy Giving Seminar
Hosted by the Trinity Stewardship Commission and Trinity Foundation of Madison
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Trinity Fellowship Hall
8:40 a.m. – coffee and donuts
9:00 a.m. – seminar
12 noon – Q&A session and lunch
Pastor Susan Schneider will lead a devotion on leaving a legacy at the end of one’s faith journey.
Mark Johnson, Trinity’s Choir Director and an attorney with Hill, Glowacki, Jaeger & Hughes, LLP in Madison, will cover estate planning, estate administration, elder law, and planning for special needs individuals. His presentation is for single people, married couples, unmarried couples in a committed relationship, and anyone with kids or a relative with special needs.
- What are the things that you need to consider so that what you have saved and accumulated over a lifetime will pass to the people you love and the charities/causes you care about?
- What is the difference between a will, trust, and beneficiary designations? How does each one work?
- What is probate and why do people avoid it?
- Why do adults of all ages need a will, a health care power of attorney, and a financial power of attorney?
The Rev. Larry Westfield, Lutheran Planned Giving of Wisconsin, for the ELCA Foundation, will provide helpful information and resources on:
- The ELCA Foundation as our private foundation helping people of faith bring together financial resources to God’s work.
- Assistance to Individuals
- Assistance to Congregations
- Investment Management Services
- Invitation to Leave a Legacy for Ministry (here at Trinity and beyond)
Peter Gunderson, of Gunderson Funeral Homes, will outline pre-planning options, programs, and resource information for preparing for our end of life journeys.
If you have been meaning to review or give more serious attention to some or all of these issues, here’s your chance. Please sign up at the table in the narthex if you plan to attend, or phone or email the church office (249-8527 or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have questions, phone or email John Fabie (850-3350 or email@example.com) .