The outrage against the Trump Administration’s policy of separating families at the border is growing across the country. There are many actions happening locally and across the country where we all can get involved. Below is a long email, please be patient and read to the bottom. I am sharing here local actions that I know are taking place in Madison and Milwaukee. I also have a long email from The Immigration Hub as follow up from yesterday’s conference call, with many more actions around the country and links to many resources to help you in your activism. Chief among them is a major rally in Washington DC on June 30. A sister rally is happening in Chicago that day. Please let me know if you would like more information on either of those events or events happening at the border.
- Please sign on to the attached letter protesting Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ use of scripture to justify this abhorrent policy. You do not have to be clergy to sign on! We are submitting it to the newspapers as an op-ed. The newspapers won’t publish the full list of signatories, but we will post the full list to Facebook and on Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice’s website. Please send your name, congregation/organization if any, and your town. http://madison365.com/madison-faith-leader-u-s-attorney-generals-misuse-of-scripture-to-tear-children-away-from-parents-offensive/
- This Thursday, June 21, join Voces de la Frontera and the New Sanctuary Movement in Milwaukee in front of the ICE office,9:00am, for a press conference and Jericho March. See more at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1765265440220858/
- Saturday, June 23, Speakout Against Separating Families rally at Library Mall, UW-Madison –https://www.facebook.com/events/1831060847197727/
- The New Sanctuary Movement in Milwaukee holds Jericho walks outside the ICE office, 310 E. Knapp St, Milwaukee, every Thursday morning at9:00am. All are invited. They also hold monthly vigils at that location. The next one will be Thursday, July 5 at noon.
- Governor Walker is sending Wisconsin’s National Guard troops to Texas to help the Trump Administration’s anti-immigration policies. Please call or send a letter to the Governor’s office protesting this use of our National Guard – Emailgovgeneral@wisconsin.gov; Mail: Office of Governor Scott Walker, 115 East Capitol Madison, WI 53702; Phone: (608) 266-1212
Thank you all!
Rabbi Bonnie Margulis, President
Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice