Current Volunteer Needs for The Road Home Dane County
Volunteers needed for the Families Moving Forward Celebration
Celebrating families successes in housing, education, employment and more!
When: Saturday, August 18th
Where: Our Lady Queen of Peace (401 S. Owen Drive in Madison)
Volunteers are needed for: Set-up before the event 9am-?
1. Set-up space for where the backpacks will be stored.
2. Assist with last minute preparations for event.
Volunteers are needed for: 12pm-3pm
1. Serving food to guests- It will be a buffet-style set-up where families will let volunteers know what they want and volunteers will place food on their plates.
2. Make crafts with children- There will be a designated craft area for the children or anyone who would like to get creative. This would be a great volunteer task for a small group of volunteers.
3. Registration- Check families in, pass out name tags and backpack vouchers, etc.
4. Help pass out backpacks- At this event, we provide every child with a backpack filled with supplies so that they will be ready for a great start to the school year. We will need volunteers to stay in the backpack area so that when families are getting ready to leave, they can make sure to get a backpack for their child.
5. Volunteers will be needed to help clean-up after the event. General table clearing, moving tables and chairs to their storage location, sweeping, mopping, etc.
6. Volunteers who can assist with helping families get into the area in the church where the celebration is held. Helping to direct families where to go, help with getting strollers down the elevators, etc.
Alane Conn, Volunteer Manager
The Road Home Dane County
890 W Wingra Dr
Madison, WI 53715
Phone: 608-294-7998 x306
Work cell: 608-235-4260